[NotiAMCA] Fw: International Conference on Impact Loading of Lightweight Structures (with attachment)

Victorio Sonzogni sonzogni@intec.unl.edu.ar
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:21:42 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paulo de Mattos Pimenta" <ppimenta@usp.br>
To: "Lista de Mecanica Computacional" <abmec-l@dees.ufmg.br>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 9:58 AM
Subject: International Conference on Impact Loading of Lightweight
Structures (with attachment)

Dear colleagues,

We are attaching to this message a Call for Papers that we would kindly
ask you to forward to other colleagues so to help the conference to be
highly attended.

If you wish to receive some printed material regarding this conference,
please reply to this message with your postal address.

Please note that the abstract deadline is 20 September and the full
paper is for 30 November. Also, the conference site is
www.pmr.poli.usp.br/conference which is the major reference for
information.

Thank you very much again for your enthusiasm with the Impact
Conference.

Sincerely,

Paulo de Mattos Pimenta, Marcmlio Alves and Norman Jones

please visit the Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures
(www.lajss.org)

Join the International Conference on Impact Loading of Lightweight
Structures

CALL FOR PAPERS
I N T E R N A T I O N A L  C O N F E R E N C E
O N   I M P A C T   L O A D I N G  O F
L I G H T W E I G H T    S T R U C T U R E S
8 - 12 May, 2005
Florianspolis - Brazil

Organized by:
Marcmlio Alves and Norman Jones

The Conference on Impact Loading of Lightweight Structures is a continuation
of three previous conferences on Structural Crashworthiness, held at the
University of Liverpool in 1983, Structural Failure, held at M.I.T in 1988
and Structural Crashworthiness and Failure, held again in Liverpool in 1993.
Since then, the field of structural impact has made important advances so
that a new meeting with the major researchers in the world in the field of
structural impact is important and timely. The conference will be held in
May 2005, this time in Florianspolis, which is in the south of Brazil.
The accepted papers will be published in a book. Plenary papers will be
published in a special issue of the International Journal of Impact
Engineering and in the Latin American Journal of Solids and Structures, both
available at the meeting. Extended manuscripts may be published later in
special issues of these journals.
Time Schedule

Event: Date:
Abstract deadline: 20 September 2004
Notification of abstract acceptance: 04 October 2004
Full paper deadline: 30 November 2004
Notification of manuscript status after reviewing:  21 January 2005
Final manuscript due on: 11 February 2005
Proofs of the manuscript: 11 March 2005
Conference: 8 - 12 May 2005

For more information, please visit www.pmr.poli.usp.br/conference