[NotiAMCA] Computational Ballistics 2005

Victorio E. Sonzogni sonzogni@intec.unl.edu.ar
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:25:43 -0300

Desde: 18-05-2005
Hasta: 20-05-2005
Lugar: Cordoba, Spain

Dear Colleague

On behalf of the International Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC), we are pleased to provide details of the Second International Conference on Computational Ballistics. The meeting will take place from 18 - 20 May 2005 at the Melia Cordoba Hotel in Cordoba, Spain.

Conference papers will be reviewed by members of the ISAC and other colleagues, and if selected, will be published in hard book form by WIT Press and will be available to delegates at the time of registration. In addition, the proceedings will be widely distributed after the conference through the international book trade and by direct announcement to readers and librarians. All papers will be permanently archived in the Transactions of the Wessex Institute on our eLibrary site which is available to the
Further details about the conference follow this message. Alternatively click on the web address below to access the conference website, which has full details about the conference objectives, topics and submission requirements: http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2005/cbal2005/cfp.html

Best regards,

V Sanchez-Galvez, Univ. Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
C A Brebbia, Wessex Institute of Technology, UK
A A Motta, Brazilian Navy, Brazil
C E Anderson, Southwest Research Institute, USA
Conference Chairmen

==============================
COMPUTATIONAL BALLISTICS 2005
==============================

INTRODUCTION

Computational Ballistics 2005 is the second conference in this successful series, which provides a novel forum for the presentation of new ideas and advanced developments in a field of study that in spite of its specific objectives has a wide range of applications.

Ballistics as a science relates to a great variety of phenomena that occurs from the moment an object or projectile is fired until its effects are observed in a target. Ballistic studies include applications as varied as the study of the structural and control behaviour of rockets and communication satellites; bird strike effects on commercial aircraft, terrorist attacks and automobile crackworthiness modelling.

Many of the basic problems of ballistics are similar to those in other fields of applications, such as combustion, heat conduction, in-flight structural behaviour, trajectory related issues, contact, impact, penetration, structural response to shock waves and many others.

The developments in Ballistics in the last few decades are closely related to the advances in Computational Mechanics but in spite of this, there are currently no open conferences on Computational Ballistics other than this meeting.

CONFERENCE TOPICS

INTERIOR BALLISTICS
Heat conduction
Thermophysics and heat transfer
Fluid dynamics
Combustion
Power generation
Fuel and propellants
Systems and technology
Contact, wear and fatigue

EXTERIOR BALLISTICS
Fluid flow and aerodynamics
In-flight structural behaviour and material response
Guidance and control

TERMINAL BALLISTICS
Shock and impact
Material response to high rate loads
Composite materials response to shock and impact
Experimental mechanics / ballistics and field testing
Structures under explosive shock and impact
Fluid-structure interaction
Fracture mechanics under impact
Hypervelocity
New developments in computational techniques and
software applied to ballistic phenomena

CALL FOR PAPERS

Papers are invited on the topics outlined above and others falling within the scope of the meeting. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be submitted by mail, fax, email or via our website as soon as possible.

ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION

We strongly encourage the submission of abstracts electronically.

Please complete the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM on our website at:
http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2005/cbal2005/cfp.html

OR submit your abstract via email to the Senior Conference Co-ordinator at:
rgreen@wessex.ac.uk.  Please insert COMPUTATIONAL BALLISTICS 2005 in the subject line and also include your name, full address and conference topic in the main body of your email.

For further instructions on paper submission, please see:
http://www.witpress.com/author_instruction.html

TIME  SCHEDULE

Please submit abstracts as soon as possible. The final paper deadline will be advised upon acceptance of your abstract.

PUBLICATION OF PAPERS

The papers presented at Computational Ballistics 2005 will be published in volume 39 of WIT Transactions on Modelling and Simulation (ISSN 1743-355x). In addition to being available to delegates at the time of registration, the hardcover volume will be publicised directly to researchers and institutional libraries and distributed widely through the international book trade.

All papers will also be archived online in the Transactions of the Wessex Institute eLibrary. This collection provides the international scientific community with immediate and permanent access to individual papers. For more details visit the WIT eLibrary at http://www.witpress.com.

Coverage of WIT proceedings appears regularly in notable publications and databases, including Applied Mechanics Reviews (AMR), Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Ei Compendex, INSPEC, ISI's Index to Proceedings, Mathematical Reviews, Scitech Book News, Zentralblatt f|r Mathematik as well as the Directory of Published Proceedings.

RELATED BOOKS FROM WIT PRESS
Full details of new WIT Press books and conference proceedings in the damage and fracture mechanics field are available to view at:
http://www.witpress.com/acatalog/subject_fracture___damage_mechanics.html

CONFERENCE SECRETARIAT
Rachel Green
Senior Conference Co-ordinator
Computational Ballistics 2005
WESSEX INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst
Southampton, SO40 7AA, UK

Tel:  + 44 (0) 238 029 3223
Fax:  + 44 (0) 238 029 2853
Email: rgreen@wessex.ac.uk

VISIT THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE AT:  http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2005/cbal2005/cfp.html

Please forward this information to anyone you feel may be interested or would benefit from this information. They can subscribe by e-mailing enquiries@wessex.ac.uk and putting SUBSCRIBE-COMP BALLISTICS 05 in the subject field.

Please note
We try only to e-mail you information relevant to your field.  However, if you are now specializing in another field and wish to receive news relevant to this area, or if you wish to be removed from our database, please e-mail: REMOVE@WESSEX.AC.UK

Rachel Green
Senior Conference Co-ordinator
Email: rgreen@wessex.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 238 029 3223  Fax: +44 (0) 238 029 2853
----------------------------
WESSEX INSTITUTE on the Web - http://www.wessex.ac.uk
See our conference programme at:
http://www.wessex.ac.uk/conferences/2004/index.html

WIT Press on the Web - visit http://www.witpress.com

to download individual Wessex Institute conference papers from
our WIT eLIBRARY

and browse our BOOKSTORE.  Save 10% and ensure fast
delivery when you order our books on-line!

BEASY on the Web: http://www.beasy.com
Wessex Institute, Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, Southampton SO40 7AA, UK