[NotiAMCA] USNCCM 10 Session: "New Advances in Topology Optimization"

Mar Ene 27 09:14:59 ART 2009

Dear Vitorio,

Prof. Paulino (UIUC), Prof. Silva (USP), and myself (U of Liege) are
co-organizing a minisymposium (MS) on ‘New Advances in Topology
Optimization’ as part of the 10th US National Congress on Computational
Mechanics, which will be held from 16-19 July, 2009 in Columbus, Ohio. In
view of your expertise in this area, we invite you to submit an abstract and
make a presentation at the MS.

Please visit the meeting website at
<http://usnccm-10.eng.ohio-state.edu/index.html>
http://usnccm-10.eng.ohio-state.edu/index.html for details; the abstract for
our MS appears below. Notice that this MS welcomes contributions describing
advanced computational models and applications in topology optimization.

We would appreciate a prompt response to this invitation and, assuming it is
positive, a one-page abstract (submitted via the conference web site) at
your earliest convenience, but no later than January 31st, 2009.

Please, do not hesitate to disseminate this invitation to your collaborators
active in the aforementioned domain.

We very much hope that you will be able to join us at Columbus, Ohio.

Looking forward to your response,

Pierre Duysinx

MINISYMPOSIUM ON ‘NEW ADVANCES IN TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION’

This minisymposium aims to bring together researchers working on various
aspects of topology optimization applied to several material and structural
systems, e.g, piezoelectric, multifunctional, and functionally graded
material systems. In particular, we are interested in contributions
involving fundamentals and applications of topology optimization, novel
computational models, material design, and efficient solution schemes for
large-scale problems, flexible mechanisms, and MEMS. Suggested topics
include, but are not limited to:

*	Novel techniques for topology optimization
*	Continuum and discrete systems
*	Multiscale and multiphysics approaches
*	Manufacturing constraints
*	Stress Constraints
*	Influence of microstructures upon topology predictions
*	Industrial applications
*	Reliability-based topology optimization (RBTO)
*	Solution of large scale problems
*	Parallel computing
*	Dynamics and Wave Propagation
*	Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR)

Pierre Duysinx

Professeur

LTAS - Ingénierie des Véhicules Terrestres

Université de Liège

Institut de Mécanique et de Génie Civil, B52

Chemin des Chevreuils, 1, 4000 Liège

Tél +32 4 366 9194    Fax +32 4 366 9159

email: P.Duysinx en ulg.ac.be

url  <http://www.ingveh.ulg> www.ingveh.ulg <http://www.ingveh.ulg.ac.be>
.ac.be