[NotiAMCA] Postdoctoral Positions in Fluid Dynamics

Sab Feb 25 09:32:06 ART 2012

I hope you are well. Gustavo and I have some postdoc positions
available in the area of fluid dynamics
at OIST. In case it is useful here is some blurb about the place:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v474/n7353/full/474541b.html
http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110629/full/474553a.html

I attach an ad for the postdoc positions. Would you please forward
this ad to anybody who you
think may be interested.

Thanks very much for your help,

Pinaki Chakraborty
 pinaki en oist.jp.

Postdoctoral Positions in Fluid Dynamics

Postdoctoral positions are available in the Fluid Mechanics Unit and the
Continuum Physics Unit at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
(OIST). We are interested in a broad range of problems in fluid dynamics,
particularly turbulent flows. A Ph.D. in mechanics, physics, engineering, at-
mospheric science, earth science, or a related field is required. We welcome
inquiries from candidates interested in experiments, theory, or computations,
but candidates with knowledge of experimental methods, particularly Particle
Image Velocimetry and Laser Doppler Velocimetry, will be given preference.

OIST is a new graduate university located on the island of Okinawa, Japan,
in a splendid natural setting of beaches, coral reefs, and laurel forests. The
focus is on interdisciplinary research (there is no departmental structure),
and the research facilities are superb. The Fluid Mechanics Unit is headed by
Pinaki Chakraborty and the Continuum Physics Unit is headed by Gustavo Gioia.

For further information, see   www.oist.jp

The starting date is anytime after July 1, 2012. The appointment will be
for one or two years, renewable by mutual agreement. Extensive benefits will
be provided. Interested candidates are asked to contact Pinaki Chakraborty
by email at pinaki en oist.jp. In your email please include a short CV and the
contact information of two references.