[NotiAMCA] seeking for a PhD student

Vie Jun 8 19:34:16 ART 2012

Dear Prof. Sonzogni,

There is an opening position for a PhD student at the Center for
Computational Fluid Dynamics at George Mason University, to be filled
immediately.

We would be grateful if you could post this notice in the AMCA community.

Open position for a PhD Student at the Computational Science and
Informatics (CSI) Program, George Mason University.

We are seeking a student for a PhD thesis funded by the NSF. The
research focuses on stratified flow in urban environment (i.e., the
nighttime atmosphere in a city) and its effects on the dispersion of
pollutants in the air. This collaborative research consists mainly of
computational modeling, and includes comparisons with water tunnel
simulations which are being conducted by an experimental group at the
University of Delaware. We are seeking a motivated individual with an
interest in fluid dynamics and physics. Knowledge of programming, and
numerical methods are a plus.

For further questions contact:

Dr. Fernando Camelli (fcamelli en gmu.edu <mailto:fcamelli en gmu.edu>)

Center for Computational Fluid Dynamics
School of Physics, Astronomy, and Computational Sciences
George Mason University

--
Fernando Camelli, Ph.D.| http://www.cds.gmu.edu/~fcamelli
Assistant Professor    | Tel: (703) 993-4073
                        | FAX: (703) 993-1993
                        | e-mail: fcamelli en gmu.edu
  School of Physics, Astronomy and Computational Sciences

                 Center for CFD

             George Mason University