[NotiAMCA] Postdoc position in Strathclyde

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl en gmail.com
Jue Jun 21 11:43:47 ART 2012

From: Gabriel Barrenechea <gabriel.barrenechea en strath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Subject: Postdoc position in Strathclyde

Dear colleagues,

I am currently advertising a 21 month postdoctoral position in
Strathclyde. The topic is, roughly speaking,
finite element methods for the convection-diffusion equation (I append
to this mail the announcement I just sent to NADigest).
The deadline for application is the 15th of August, and the selected
person would be expected to start on the
1st of October, or as soon as possible thereafter.

Do you know anyone that would be suitable and interested? I would be
thankful if you could transmit it to them!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Gabriel

Dear colleagues,

in the Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing of the Department of
Mathematics and Statistics of the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow,
Scotland, we are looking to fill a Postdoctoral Research Associate position
that will last 21 months (with possibilities of extension).

The project, funded by the Leverhulme trust, is related to the development of
accurate and stable linear and nonlinear stabilized finite element methods for
the convection-diffusion equation. For further details on the project, and to
apply, see the web page

https://kara.mis.strath.ac.uk/vacancies/control/vacancylist?vacCat=R

or go to the web page of the University of Strathclyde (www.strath.ac.uk) and
follow the links 'Working with us -> Vacancies -> Reserach'. The code for the
vacancy is JA/R57/2012.

The candidate should have a PhD in applied mathematics or computer science, or
be at the point of finishing, and experience in the analysis and
implementation of finite element methods (an emphasis in problems related to
fluid mechanics is desirable).

For any further enquiry on the position, salary and research topic, please
contact:
 Dr. Gabriel Barrenechea
 Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Strathclyde
 26, Richmond Street, Glasgow H1 1XH, UK
 e-mail: Gabriel.Barrenechea en strath.ac.uk

--
Lisandro Dalcin