[NotiAMCA] NSF Summer Institute on Nanomechanics, Nanomaterials, and Micro/Nanomanufacturing short courses

Vie Mar 6 08:04:39 ART 2009

Subject: NSF Summer Institute on Nanomechanics, Nanomaterials, and
Micro/Nanomanufacturing short courses
Date: Thursday 05 March 2009
From: "Summer Institute" <summerinstitute en mail.mech.northwestern.edu>
To: "Summer Institute" <summerinstitute en mail.mech.northwestern.edu>

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the NSF Summer Institute on Nanomechanics, Nanomaterials, and
Micro/Nanomanufacturing, I am writing to remind you that the deadline for
application for fellowships for the Summer Institute's short courses is
March 15, 2009.

The first short course entitled "Multiscale Science Based-Modeling and
Simulation and Experimental Validation on Enabling Materials", is to be
offered May 27 to May 30, 2009 in Evanston, Illinois.
The  applications for this  course  is now closed.

The second course entitled "From Nanoparticles to Nanocomposites:
Processing, Performance and Toxicity", is to be offered at University of
Massachusetts at Lowell, MA, from June 15 - 18, 2009.
The applications for this second course are open through March 15.

For more information see our website at

 <http://www.tam.northwestern.edu/summerinstitute/_links/courses.htm>
<http://www.tam.northwestern.edu/summerinstitute/_links/courses.htm>
http://www.tam.northwestern.edu/summerinstitute/_links/courses.htm

Thanks to the support of NSF, we have a limited number of NSF fellowships
available to faculty members, high-school science teachers, post-docs and
PhD candidates from the US.  The fellowship consists of full registration
fee plus an accommodation allowance.

We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely yours,

Yip-Wah Chung

Director, NSF Summer Institute on Nanomechanics, Nanomaterials, and

Micro/Nanomanufacturing